Friday, August 18, 2006

Disabling Windows XP Startup Programs

Is your computer taking too much time to startup?
Is your computer loading unnecessary programs in the system tray in the boot process?

If you are using Windows XP than I have a simple cure for you. (Disclaimer: Please use the following instructions at your own risk. I am not responsible if this causes any problems with your system.)

  • Click Start
  • Run
  • Type msconfig in the dialog box and click OK
  • System configuration utility dialog box should show up
  • Click on the Startup tab
  • You should now see all the startup items checked in a list
  • Uncheck all the unnecessary items you don’t want to load at the system startup
  • Please do not uncheck the virus protection programs from the list
  • Click OK
  • Restart your machine

I disabled Yahoo Messenger and Kodak Easyshare camera software starting up at the boot up process by following the above instructions. I do not use Yahoo messenger everyday, and I only load pictures from my camera once every couple of months. I do not need these two programs starting up every time I boot up my computer.

Does this instruction work out for you? Please leave a comment below with any suggestions/tips you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment