Is your computer taking too much time to startup?
Is your computer loading unnecessary programs in the system tray in the boot process?
If you are using Windows XP than I have a simple cure for you. (Disclaimer: Please use the following instructions at your own risk. I am not responsible if this causes any problems with your system.)
- Click Start
- Type msconfig in the dialog box and click OK
- System configuration utility dialog box should show up
- Click on the Startup tab
- You should now see all the startup items checked in a list
- Uncheck all the unnecessary items you don’t want to load at the system startup
- Please do not uncheck the virus protection programs from the list
- Click OK
- Restart your machine
I disabled Yahoo Messenger and Kodak Easyshare camera software starting up at the boot up process by following the above instructions. I do not use Yahoo messenger everyday, and I only load pictures from my camera once every couple of months. I do not need these two programs starting up every time I boot up my computer.
Does this instruction work out for you? Please leave a comment below with any suggestions/tips you may have.