Thursday, June 23, 2005

Google Sitemap Accepts Atom Feed From Blogger Blogs

Google accepts Atom feed from blogger as sitemap xml. Today, I submitted Atom feed of this blog to the Google Sitemaps. To my surprise, after 3 hours I got an OK message in the sitemap tool. Looks like Google has accepted this feed and may have crawled the website today. I will keep a close eye on the cache dates of my site and post if Google crawls the site in the next couple of days.

I am expecting a deep crawl this time around. I hope all my individual pages get crawled and indexed so they can appear in the search engine results page.

Last year, Google came up with rel=”nofollow” tag to counter the increasing amount of link spamming done by bloggers. Now, Google needs webmasters to point out the pages it needs to crawl. There is also a speculation floating around that Google is using humans to evaluate the search results. What is going on? Is Algorithm is not doing its job correctly? Are Google engineers losing the battle against black hat SEO tactics? Time will tell.

Anyways, news of the day is that Google Sitemaps accept the Atom feeds from the blogger blogs hosted at blogspot.com.

1 comment:

  1. How you have made this
    send me procedure
    Chandanmal
    chandan735@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete